A base for all your recipes.
- Culantro, 1 bunch
- CIlantro, 1 bunch
- Garlic, about 1 head
- Onion (Yellow/Spanish)
- Cumin powder or fresh seeds, no more than 1 teaspoon
- Bayleaf, 1.
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Oregano, 1 tablespoon if dry – 1 bunch if fresh.
- Sweet Chili Peppers (You can leave this out).
- Lemon, 1 squeezed. (You can leave this out).
- Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon.
Tools: Pilon and Bullet or Food Processor.
- Pilon the garlic, oregano if dry, cumin, salt and olive oil – this will help the oils in these ingredients essence blossom.
- Wash culantro, cilantro, oregano (if fresh) thoroughly (you never know what is living in there) keep stems and pick off any decay or wilting leaves. rough chop add to bullet with rough chop of onion, and bayleaf. You can decide now to add chilies and lemon or not in this step.
- Now blend until fine.
- Add in your pilon ingredients and hand whisk.
- Place in Jar and close, keep refrigerated.
- You will only need about 1 or 2 tablespoons of this per recipe and can last about 10-14 days if refrigerated well.
- You can also freeze into an ice cube tray and then placed in ziplock back. This can last you 1 month to 2 months depending on usage.
Enjoy and let me know if you tried it.