Running around doing everything I can to make my family happy and feed them yummy things.
I picked up the weekly grocery’s and I decided to make some items that will bring delight to my children’s bellies.
On the menu is Shredded Chicken Potato Tacos 🌮 with Salsa🌶🧄🧅🍅, Chicken Panko Bites , and Dessert Squares (three different types: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry). Here are the recipes I spoke about on the podcast 🎙listed below. Please if you do try out these recipes, let me know how it turned out. 🥰
- Ingredients: Romano Tomato (x4), Poblano Pepper (x1), Garlic (x3 cloves), Red Onion (x1), Oregano (dried 2 tbls), and Salt (1 tsp)
- First, in a small pot, fill with 2 cups of water.
- Clean pepper by cutting off bottom and removing seeds.
- Place pepper and tomato in pot and boil.
- When boiled, set side to cool off. Save liquid.
- When cool, pour half of liquid in blender with vegetables add raw, onion garlic oregano and teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- Blend… done.
Place in container refrigerate and save for later. You will want this cold and refreshing.
Mixture for Tacos
- Ingredients: Red Potatoes (x4), Chicken Breast (x2), Knorr Cube Chicken Bouillon (x1 cube), the liquid from the remainder of the liquid from the boil of the salsa, salt (1tsp). Pre-shredded cheese (Asadero or your favorite) and Oaxaca ( to crumble) Yellow small corn tortilla, Shredded Cabbage (1/2 cup), Oil (to fry in pan).
- Have a metal grid ready to place tacos for oil to drain.
- Boil Potatoes in a separate pot with skin.
- Boil chicken in the water from salsa with Knorr Cube Chicken Bouillon. Do not add any other water.
- Once both are boiled, check that potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked.
- Drain liquid from potatoes, then blend potatoes and add salt.
- Shred the chicken and add to bowl with potatoes. Add Asadero cheese or your favorite shredded cheese.
- Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator until you are ready to assemble and fy.
- Get large pan and add oil, test the oil to make sure it is hot.
- Get Taco fill with a little of the cold chicken potato cheese mixture. Pinch closed with tongs and lay in pan on side to fry. Flip on other side for even golden deliciousness.
- Plate, add cabbage, salsa, and crumble a little of the cheese.
Trust me you will have made a new friend!
- Ingredients: Chicken Breast (x4), Panko Bread Crumbs (1 cup), Flour (2 cups), Eggs (2 eggs), Teaspoon of the following spices and herbs: Dried Parsley, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Old bay seasoning (1 Tablespoon) and Milk (1 cup).
- Cut Chicken into tender sized pieces. In a ziplock bag (or baggie of your preference) and chicken to bag with milk, spices and herbs, and Old Bay. Close bag and store overnight in fridge.
- You will need three bowls.
- Mix half of the flour with Panko in a bowl.
- The other part of flour in other bowl.
- Mix eggs in third bowl.
- Dip the each chicken piece into flour. Place on side. (Pro tip: clean up as you go.)
- Once all is covered in flour.
- Heat oil in pan (same pan like tacos… use the same oil if it is in the same moment of cooking).
- Once oil is hot, place floured chicken into eggs and then place in panko flour, then right into pan. Do this is small batches.
- Once chicken floats and turns golden, take out. They should be cooked all the way through.
- Check first batch and make adjustments.
- Adjust heat of oil and/or level of oil.
- Complete all chicken in small batches.
- Have a metal grid ready to place chicken for oil to drain.
You can serve with the same salsa it is amazing!!!!
- Ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Vanilla, Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa, Oil, Eggs, Butter Unsalted, Salt, Peanut butter, Nesquik Strawberry Powder, baking powder and Powdered sugar. Have these ingredients ready.
- Icing: Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar and milk (2 tablespoons) and vanilla teaspoon to create a base. Divide base by three batches:
- First batch leave as is for Vanilla Squares;
- In second batch, add 1 tsp of Strawberry Nesquick; and,
- In third batch add 1 tsp of peanut butter. Place all in to refrigerator for later.
- Batter: we are creating two types of squares Chocolate and Blondie. We are doing the Blondie twice as only the icing changes here.
- The squares will all be for 9×9 pan. I would spray the pan before placing batter or grease pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blondie Batter: 2 Large Eggs, 2 tsp Vanilla, 1 Cup of unsalted melted butter, 2 cups sugar, 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix eggs and Vanilla in bowl, in seperate bowl mix sugar and melted butter, combine in to egg and vanilla mixture.
- Add all dry ingredients in seperate bowl mix together and then incorporate into wet mixture.
- Place in pan, bake for 30 minutes. Edges should be golden.
- This should make 9 squares and you will repeat this for our trio dessert squares.
- Chocolate Brownie: 2 Large Eggs, 1 tsp Vanilla, 1/2 cup of unsalted melted butter, 1 cups sugar, 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa.
- Mix eggs and Vanilla in bowl, in seperate bowl mix sugar and melted butter, combine in to egg and vanilla mixture. Add all dry ingredients in seperate bowl mix together and then incorporate into wet mixture. Place in pan, bake for 30 minutes. Edges should be golden. This should make 9 squares.
- After all is baked you will have 27 squares. One set chocolate and two set blondie. Take icing out of refrigerator and vigorously whip and then drizzle the following:
- Peanut butter on chocolate,
- Strawberry on blondie
- Vanilla on blondie.
These will go fast, which is what happened with my boys.
Buen provecho to all of you and you know we enjoyed these delights this week on this journey on Fannytasticlife.