I see your true colors was a popular song when I was a kid. Only as an adult I finally get the meaning.
I usually don’t consider myself a nice person. However, I do consider myself caring. Normally my niceness factor is thrown out the window because I don’t bite my tongue. If I feel I need to say something; I will. My personality is confrontational and I walk around with my soapbox defending the underdog … not nicely but crude, raw and true. If I was a man, I would be a leader, a strong mentor, a valiant solider, a warrior but most of the time I am called a b!÷(h.
I don’t refer to myself this way and I don’t feel I owe an apology. I had to learn to toughen up and think on my feet. I worked very hard studying life as I attended the school of hard knocks, with no sympathy, wasn’t reaching or requested. I won’t complain I rather fight verbally.
My true colors are in fact what you see, I don’t hide myself or who I am. I believe in some simple codes of life:
- I don’t lie, too much work to keep up;
- I defend immediately;
- I work hard not because I am a hard worker but I truly value the integrity of anything attached to my name;
- I trust 100% from jump street, you cut that down by your trueself;
- I won’t talk behind your back I prefer to tell your face, your back and your mother so help me father;
- I also remember what people say, I will hold your words against you; oh and,
- I hate liars.
That sums it up. So, I would suggest to stop hiding your true colors and have a #Fannytasticlife!